How We Collect Your Information
We collect your personal information to learn how visitors use our site, to help us improve our services and security and to optimize customer experience. We collect such personal information when you interact with us or use our services, such as when you use our sites to place an order.
Information We Collect From You
As part of our commitment to the privacy of our customers and visitors to our Sites more generally, we want to be clear about the sorts of information we will collect from you. When you visit the Sites or make a Thrissurkada order through the Sites, you are asked to provide information about yourself including your name, contact details, delivery address, order details and payment information such as credit or debit card information and we collect such information.
We also collect information about your usage of the Sites and information about you from any messages you post to the Sites or when you contact us or provide us with feedback, including via email, letter, phone or chat function. If you contact us by phone, we record the call for training and service improvement purposes, and make notes in relation to your call. We will also collect information from you when you contact our riders using the chat function on our Sites.
We collect technical information from your mobile device or computer, such as its operating system, the device and connection type and the IP address from which you are accessing our sites.
We also collect technical information about your use of our services through a mobile device, for example, carrier, location data and performance data such as mobile payment methods, interaction with other retail technology such as use of NFC Tags, QR Codes and/or use of mobile vouchers. Unless you have elected to remain anonymous through your device and/or platform settings, this information may be collected and used by us automatically if you use the service through your mobile device(s) via any Thrissur Kada mobile application, through your mobile's browser or otherwise.
We process health information about you only where you volunteer and consent to this, for example if you specify any food allergies.
Use Of Your Information
We collect and use your information for purposes of providing online services through website or mobile phone, marketing and promotion, customer management and services, issuing invoices, fulfilling statutory or contractual obligations, protecting the rights of parties and related stakeholders, insurance, after-sales service, promotion and award activities, and operating our registered business. If you refuse to allow us to collect your information, we may not be able to provide you the services, for example, placing an order.
We will only process the data we collect about you if there is a reason for doing so, and if that reason is permitted under applicable data protection laws. We will have a lawful basis for processing your information if: we need to process your information in order to provide you with the service you have requested or to enter into a contract; we have your consent; we have a justifiable reason for processing your data; or we are under a legal obligation to do so.
Where we need to in order to provide you with the service you have requested or to enter into a contract, we use your information:
- to enable us to provide you with access to the relevant parts of the Sites;
- to supply the services you have requested;
- to enable us to collect payment from you; and
- To contact you where necessary concerning our services, such as to resolve issues you may have with your order.
We also process your data where we have a justifiable reason for doing so— for example personalisation of our service, including processing data to make it easier and faster for you to place orders. We have listed these reasons below:
We will also analyse data about your use of our services from your location data to create profiles relating to you and for you. This means that we may make certain assumptions about what you may be interested in and use this, for example, to send you more tailored marketing communications, to present you with Store that we think you will prefer, or to let you know about special offers or products which we think you may be interested in. You have certain rights in relation to this type of processing. Please see 'Your Rights' section below for more information.
Where we are under a legal obligation to do so we may use your information to:
- to improve the effectiveness and quality of service that our customers can expect from us in the future;
- to tailor content that we or our third party Store or advertising partners display to you, for example, so that we can show you Stores which are in your area or make sure you see the advertising which is most relevant to you, based on characteristics determined by us;
- to enable our customer support team to help you with any enquiries or complaints in the most efficient way possible;
- to contact you for your views and feedback on our services and to notify you if there are any important changes or developments to the Sites or our services, including letting you know that our services are operating in a new area, where you have asked us to do so;
- to analyse your activity on the Sites so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business and for statistical and analytical purposes and to help us to prevent fraud;
- to enforce our contractual terms with you and any other agreement, and for the exercise or defence of legal claims and to protect the rights of Thrissur Kada, Store partners, riders, or others (including to prevent fraud);
- If you submit comments and feedback regarding the Sites and the services, we may use such comments and feedback on the Sites and in any marketing or advertising materials. We will only identify you for this purpose by your first name and the city in which you live; and
- Where you have chosen to receive push notifications from us through our mobile application, we may send you push notifications relating to the services that you have requested from us and information about our services and offers. You can choose to stop receiving push notifications from us at any time by changing your preferences on your mobile device.